In addition to our school and nursery award programmes and hospital support packages, we offer a range of cooking skills training and consultation services, suitable to run across multiple settings.
We collaborate with local authority commissioners to reach those people who need us most. From teachers, nurses, community health workers and health promotion officers we can provide them with the skills to help them improve the health outcomes of their communities.
- Practical cooking skills development
- Application of healthy eating and food hygiene guidance
- Budget management and food waste reduction tips
- Opportunities for social interaction.
Whatever you want to achieve through cooking, our experts are here to support you with a programme that delivers against your outcomes.
We have trained:
- Student teachers, practising teachers and teaching assistants to lead cooking lessons.
- School cooks and catering teams to run cooking clubs and support the curriculum.
- Project leaders and volunteers to run community cooking lessons.
- Domiciliary carers to cook healthier meals for older people.
- Community health teams to pass on cooking skills to service users.
- Dietitians to deliver practical cooking support to clients
After discharge from hospital, many older people are readmitted because they are malnourished and dehydrated. Working with Kirklees and Calderdale Domiciliary Care teams, we’ve developed a practical training course and resource pack to help carers improve older people’s health through the food they prepare and cook together.
The course passes on recipes that are packed with nutrition but are also quick, cheap and easy to prepare. Importantly, it also gives carers advice on working with older people to encourage small changes that can make a big difference to their health.
As well as sessions for patients, we develop training programmes to support group leaders and health professionals. Training individuals in healthy cooking techniques and the skills to pass on their knowledge is a powerful and sustainable way to make a difference.
As a provider for local commissions, we can build a tailored offering involving both ‘train the trainer’ elements and direct work with service users.
- Cooking classroom design and equipment.
- Curriculum cooking planning and activities.
- Cooking club set up and programmes.
- Community Cook and Eat programme development.