Promoting wellbeing through food innovation in health care
Food for Life Served Here (Served Here) aims to encourage hospitals to serve fresh, healthy, tasty food which is suitable for the full diversity of patients, staff and visitors. We believe food should be cooked on site or prepared locally by a skilled kitchen team, using high quality, sustainable ingredients from suppliers who can add value to the local economy.
Food can be the highlight of the day for both patients and staff and we believe an emphasis should be placed on providing and promoting the very best healthy food, to aid patient recovery and sustain staff through long shifts. All hospitals should be health promoting environments where food sits at the very centre. They should model and promote food that benefits their communities in terms of health, ethics and sustainability.
Served Here recognises hospitals that have taken steps to serve meals cooked fresh with mainly unprocessed, high welfare and seasonal ingredients.
We reward hospitals that serve good food with a tiered bronze, silver or gold award, with an independent audit which shows they meet our high standards in patient, retail or for all catering.
Served Here coupled with our Green Kitchen Standard award gives confidence that menus are sustainable. This includes both the food on the plate and kitchen practice, focusing on energy, water and waste to meet a high standard.
Fresh, healthy and sustainable food should be at the heart of your hospital, work with us to show you are leading the way and to celebrate your achievements.
Why work with us?
- Be able to promote your food credentials with a respected national award
- Gain recognition for the steps you take to ensure the food you serve is of high quality and sustainably sourced
- Show your commitment to and pride in the skills of your kitchen team by shining a light on their achievements
- Increase sales in retail by offering a healthy but diverse menu backed up with external recognition
- Show your value to your local community and economy
- Meet government guidelines on health, nutrition and procurement
Find out more
To find out more, contact us at email@example.com